The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Alan Jackson

I just got Alan Jackson's latest cd, Precious Memories, and have to say I LOVE it! The cd consists of 15 hymns...and I knew 13 of them right off the bat, so it was great because these are among some of my favorites and could sing along (don't tell anyone!). Alan's rendition of them is sincere and worshipful.

I have never been a country music person, but hubby and I ran into Alan a few years back in LA while we were browsing in Corvette Mike's. On the way in we had admired a yellow convertible C3, but were stunned by the $70K pricetag! As we were inside looking at the sweet C1 and C2s, the salesmen were all abuzz about someone who was buying a vette. One of them told us Alan Jackson buying the yellow vette. Of course, we were clueless and didn't recognize him because neither of us listened to country. Once we got home, we bought one of his cds out of curiousity. We both liked it and have been fans ever since! I've seen him in concert 3 times since. I haven't really gotten into any other country artists, other than Joe Nichols who opened for him twice.

Anyway, if you love old church hymns and like them sung in a traditional way, you will appreciate and enjoy this cd. And you don't have to be a country music fan either. This is just GOOOD stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home