The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Thank goodness for Torts!

It was good to take a midterm and feel like I actually knew what I was talking about on it. While I used nearly the entire 2 hours and 30 minutes to write my answers, it didn't seem "hard" as much as I thought there were surely some issues that I didn't see or address. It's ok. I'm sure I covered enough to earn at least a 70. That is a huge consolation to me, especially since we'll probably get our CivPro exams back today and I dread to see how badly I failed that one. (Don't expect to see that grade posted here!)

I ended up going through all the Torts old exams. I didn't write full answers for all of them; some of them I just outlined what the answer would include. Going through that process so many times made approaching the actual test less intimidating. I did the same thing-- outlined my answer and made notes of the various elements of things such a NIED before my brain freaked out and forgot one element here or there.

We did get our last Tort quiz back last night too. I got a full point, making 4 for 4 on the quizzes. Assuming I get a 1 on the last quiz, and 5 point for class participation, and at least a 70 on this midterm, I will only need a 57 on the final to pass the class. Heck, I could get a 57 on a Torts exam in my sleep! (See my post from yesterday!) I have no worries about this class at all.

Now I need to get to work researching for my next paper. We're back to doing a neutral memo concerning the admissibility of evidence in the case where a husband died when the oven exploded on him. We aren't told which side we represent here, but we are using the same facts and research for our final paper, which will be preparing for an appeal. I'm betting we are representing the wife and trying to have the photos of her man's dead body and hearsay from her friends about her previous abusive behavior towards men suppressed. I'm assuming the next assignment will be stating that the trial court convicted her, and we have to ask for an appeal because the above info was allowed in trial. Hmm....should be interesting.

Ok, I gotta get moving......enough for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home