The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I KNEW I did good!

I felt really good about my #6 paper for Legal Analysis. I had received a 91 on #5, and I felt MUCH better about #6, but because it was a new format (points and authorities) instead of the neutral memos we had done on #1-5, I wasn't totally sure of what I would get. Keeping with my tradition, I read the comment on the back first, "It's been a long time since I've given a score this high, but you absolutely deserve it. Mind-blowing....." Wow! I wasn't expecting that. I flipped the paper over and saw my grade...... 99 points! :) How cool is that? The only thing I got marked down for was a single point for not including the actual date the motion for a new trial had been filed.

I attended a training session for LEXIS this afternoon. It is kind of overwhelming because there is so much on there. I'm going to need to play with it and stuff before I feel comfortable with it. At least it will help with Shepardizing now.

Ok, I need to get moving. I have paper #7 and my CivPro midterm that need my attention....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home