The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, February 10, 2006

The weekend has arrived!

My study group isn't meeting today, so the weekend is here for me! Of course, I do need to attend the CivPro session tomorrow morning, but other than that and a little reading, it looks to be a nice weekend.

So, I have some items that I wanted to sell. Too big to ship (so no ebay), and I figured the local newspaper was the way to go. I went to their website and typed in all my info, and was shocked when my little ol' ad came out to $120+ for 3 days! I editted and cut it down to as little as I could make it and still have it be understandable and the ad is still over $80. The paper must make a fortune on the classifieds! What a total rip though. If I don't sell all three items this weekend, it's going to kill me to have to pay that a SECOND time. Ugh. I hope the fine people in town are looking for what I'm selling, because I want it all out of here!

Oh, when I was having my hair done today, I asked my hairdresser about the local murder that happened in her neighborhood this week. It is really scary because she lives in a nice, newer neighborhood in the northeast part of town. This man, a hard working family man, was murdered in his own backyard around 10pm at night. While the paper has reported that he was not a random victim, it didn't give any further details that explained why. My hairdresser told me that they heard from the sheriff that apparently the guy had fired one of his workers earlier in the week, and that is who they are looking for. Apparently, the killer (and a buddy) came to his house, tied up several other co-workers who were there (with shoestrings, since they didn't have any rope), and they were going to kill the guy's wife and kids, but the guy ran with the phone calling 911, and they chased him and shot him, and then took off. How incredibly sad! He saved his family, but his pregnant wife and kids are now left without him. I hope the police find these criminals soon. We don't need that type on the loose.

Well, I got a bunch of errands I need to get done, so better get to those so I can enjoy more of this beautiful weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home