The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

#6 is restructed

I talked to my Legal Analysis professor today. I was struggling with how to structure my paper. I had used 11 string cites and it just didn't seem to flow well. After talking with her, I wasn't sure HOW I was going to restructure it, but I just spent the last 3 hours doing that. It seems a lot better now. I STILL have to put in comments about the opposition's cases, but that won't take me too long. I feel a lot better about this paper, even now with it not totally done, than I did about my last one. But I've learned my "feelings" about these papers don't mean a whole lot. I DO know that when the professor tells you how to do them, LISTEN TO HER, and DO IT THAT WAY.

I've seen other students struggle and fight it. They think they can substitute their own method/format. And I've seen others who are so off base that they think this professor is trying to "trick" them so they get sidetracked on a completely irrelevant point. It's just not that difficult people. When she says something, believe her. And then do it. Even if you don't like it. Even if you think you are missing "the trick". There isn't a trick. Or, if there is, the trick is listening, and obeying. Yes, my training as a goody two shoes serves me well! : )

Oh yeah, and I did edit some of my string cites. I'm now down to 10....for a total of 21 unique cases cited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home