The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Points and Authorities

Our 6th Legal Analysis paper is to be a "Points and Authorities" memorandum, something new for us. I got a jump start on my research yesterday when I dropped by the school to pick up the assignment. Unfortunately, all the copiers were broken, so after making some notes and copying down some citations, I came home and looked up and printed off some cases using Findlaw.

Our professor is going to tell us more about this assignment on Wednesday, so I don't want to start writing anything before then, but I do want to have a bunch of the research done. I may go to the school later and look up more cases. The only other thing I need to do this weekend is update my CivPro outline, which I plan to start as soon as I finish this post. Looks like I will have a completely law school-free Sunday tomorrow! :)

Of course, next Sunday will probably be one too, as we always go over to my parents' house for their Super Bowl party. They have been doing it for probably 20 years, and we have certain snacks that we ONLY make once a year, for this event......ah, homemade preztels, cheesepuffs, crackers and cheeseball are the highlights. Then, we order pizza, and just when you think you can't eat anymore, there is "THE Superbowl Cake". This is a checkerboard (yellow and chocolate) cake that is about 12" tall, with chocolate frosting. YUM! It should be especially interesting this year, as my one brother has been a long time Steelers fan, and my other brother has been a long time Seahawks fan. Hopefully, no violence will mar our celebration. LOL

Enough about next weekend....I need to get to this weekend's work. Looks like I get to spend the next hour or so getting cozy with joinder, class actions and discovery. Yippee....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home