The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, January 23, 2006

A New Week

It's nice to wake up on a Monday and not be overwhelmed by the week that greets you. I've done all the reading and briefing due for 2 weeks out (including the Torts reading for Feb. 6), so I'm not behind in any way. Our 5th Legal Analysis paper is due this Friday afternoon. I've done the first 2 (of 5.5) pages, and know where I'm going with the rest of it, so hopefully it won't take me too long to just sit down and get it out. Then I can revise a time or two, and maybe get it turned in early, on Thursday. I sure like Mondays when I feel I have the week easily under control.

Now, tomorrow, my brilliantly bright daughter (senior in high school) is starting an engineering class at Fresno State. She is considering majoring in Math and Physics (at MIT if she gets in!), and is taking this class to see if perhaps she'd like the "applied" science better than the pure. (I'm guessing not, but cheaper to see here now than by "wasting a class" at a university.) The class is the in evenings, on Tuesdays, for this semester. Do you think she would be embarrassed if her mom drove her there, dropping her off as close to the building as possible and picking her up there afterward? Or perhaps I should just get her a can of mace to carry? I know, I know....I won't do either but I certainly don't like the idea of her walking around a dark campus at night. I'm going to have to at least give her a flashlight and maybe a whistle........how am I ever going to let you go across the country (or state) to attend school in a few months????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home