The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I need a wife!

I come home from my weekly Bible study: the bed is unmade, laundry that needs to be folded and put away is on the couch, dust is everywhere, and the frig is near empty. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to come home to a clean house, with my laundered clothing all put away, and a well stocked frig. (Don't laugh, but my husband probably wonders the same thing!)

It is so frustrating because nothing ever STAYS done. No sooner have I washed, dried, folded and put away all the laundry, and the basket is already half full of dirties already! Once the house is vaccuumed, it seems to take the cats an hour to get their hair and toys everywhere again. And as soon as I finish picking up clutter and returning it to its rightful place, its progeny makes an appearance. Maybe that is another reason why I like law school...at least I can feel a sense of completion....whether it is in reading a chapter, briefing a case, making an outline, or taking a test. While the reading and briefing continues on and on, at least when I'm done reading one chapter, I don't have to go and read the SAME one over again!

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - attended night class for K's, grades to be posted tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home