The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Jack saves the world, but he couldn't save President Palmer

24 sure started off with a bang....one that killed former President Palmer, in fact. I really liked him, so I wasn't happy with that starting off a new season. Of course, it didn't take long for Jack to come out of hiding and avenge that death by killing the assassin. However, now Jack has the misfortune of trying to prove who was behind Palmer's death while being set up for the murder himself! I trust you Jack....I know you'll do it somehow! ;) Stay tuned for 2 more hours tonight!

My study group cancelled this morning, which is fine with me. Gives me more time to get other things done. I doubt I would have spent 2 hours studying for a Torts quiz (which is what we were going to do) anyway. Instead I'm doing my Torts reading and briefing (for Jan. 30, since I'm working 2 weeks ahead), and probably doing some preliminary work on my #5 assignment for Legal Analysis/Research (meaning, read the cases and make notes, possibly write the beginning on the paper).

On a mostly unrelated note, many of my fellow students will comment about how they "talk law" with their spouses, family members, etc. and how doing such helps them cement the concepts in their minds. They are lucky! I don't make a habit of trying to discuss things with hubby (kids, or family), but whenever we are discussing something that has a legal component, I share from my learning what I think is applicable. Now, what I really do NOT get is that hubby will then try to tell ME what the law is! (He has never taken any law classes or studied it in any way.) I don't get it. Maybe he really is trying to express what he WANTS the law to be, but that's not how he says it. Maybe he is just not comfortable with me knowing more than him in a certain area. I don't know, but it is really frustrating because I am not going to fight about something that I know and he doesn't. Granted, he is a downright genius in some areas and probably knows much more on most topics than I do, but I think I'm allowed to have "my area", especially when it is one I'm going to school to learn more about. UGH!!!! So, those of you who have spouses who listen to your law talk without trying to act like they know more about it than you, enjoy and appreciate it! (In case hubby is reading....you know I love you baby, but give me a break!)

Ok, time to get moving. Vicarious liability is waiting.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home