The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Joinder and Sudoku

I went to my CivPro professor's optional section this morning on joinder. He went through the basics in about 10 minutes flat, and then we went through 2 old exams. It made perfect sense to me (a true rarity for CivPro!). I especially appreciated his sharing of the exam method of going through the fact pattern, and taking each fact, and deciding what part of the answer will use that, before writing your answer. If you do that, after drawing out all the claims, it seems very matter of fact, which is right up my alley. I thought it too funny then when near the end of our time the professor commented that people who like Algebra like joinder, because it is just a series of logical steps you go through. Then he said it is like Sudoku puzzles! LOL~! So I guess that explains why I'm actually liking joinder.

In other news, my legal analysis professor said that my 68 in CivPro would not keep me from doing the Small Claims Court Advisory, but she would need to talk to the dean about it and see how many other first years are eligible. I think I counted 14 as of now that are. Once we get our Contract grades, a few more will probably be knocked out. Then it will depend on how many actually want to. My professor did say, "Since I know you REALLY want to do this, I will make every effort to put you in the program as soon as possible." Is that cool or what? :) It's nice to feel like someone is on your side and WANTS to help.

I know I may still end up not being able to do SCCA now, but I'm sure I'll end up there either later in the semester, or in the summer at the latest. Since the volunteer work I'm doing right now is very minimal (only half hour a week), this would make me feel like I was doing something else to help others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home