The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Another grade tomorrow

Ah, to confront my lowest midterm grade in person, finally. That is what I have to look forward to tomorrow. When we had a quiz in that class a couple months ago, the professor did not let us have the graded quizzes back until our break time! That meant we had to sit there, for an hour and a half, with the stack of quizzes mere feet away, and there was nothing we could do about it. I am SO hoping he will have mercy (pity?) on us and spare us the agony of that extra 90 minutes and let us have them right away.

I've gone back and forth on this one. I predicted that I would not get any lower than a 50. I know that sounds horrible (and believe me, it's not that I want that kind of score next to my name), but this is my hardest subject. But then I remember that I got a 60 on that first quiz and hope that I at least got that much. And then I wonder if somehow I could have improved since then and gotten a 70?? I hate to get my hopes up. I'm the kind that rather be guessing on the negative side and be pleasantly surprised that guessing on the positive side and be disappointed. I HATE to be disappointed. Maybe that's why I put my prediction so low.

This to me is the critical class to get a minimum of 70 in. I NEED that 70 to be able to do the small claims court advisory this semester. I guess I know I won't be crushed if it can't happen now, but I'd love to be able to start helping people with the knowledge I've gained this far.

My plan to stay 2 weeks ahead isn't going so well. I am 2 weeks ahead in everything by CivPro. For that, I have this week's assignment done and that is all. I justified it to myself because the professor told me he would tell us this week how he will be adjusting the schedule because of last class' cancellation. I didn't want to read something, brief it, and then find out he cut it from our assigned reading! (Yes, I'm such a dedicated student! lol) It didn't help that the next assigment was to read 41 pages and brief 5 cases, or that the one after was 30 pages and 4 cases. I have a seriously hard time staying awake plodding through that much Civpro reading. I guess I know he isn't going to take anything off our reading list, but a girl can hope can't she???

Ok, I finished reading the Torts assigment due on the 23th and briefing those TWELVE cases. now on to update that class' outline.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I really want to do that small claims advisor thing, too. We've only done one semester, and already it feels tiresome just to discuss this stuff in the isolation of classes and test preparation. When do we get to start stickin' it to The Man???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home