The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, January 06, 2006

I have to wonder....

I'm curious- I can't help it! My blog doesn't get a lot of traffic, but it gets a little. I can't help but wonder WHO reads it and WHY? Is it other stay at home moms who are cheering for me to succeed in law school (or hoping I fail)? Is it lawyers who are reminiscing about the days of yore when they were in law school? Perhaps it is someone in the district attorney's office who is thinking, "Damn, this girl will make an excellent prosecutor!" (Wishful thinking!) Is it others who find my insecurity and sarcasm mildly amusing? Maybe it's just people who came across it on a random search. The suspense is killing me! NO ONE ever leaves me any comments, so I haven't any idea.

Here's a challenge to my readers.....leave me a comment and give me a clue! :)

Other than my curiousity, not much going on today. No class on Fridays, and my study group met to clean up our master contracts outline from last semester. We had all done a bunch of revisions right before the midterm, and this has been the first chance to really go over all of them and decide which ones are staying and which ones aren't. I would have preferred to get ahead on my reading, but that didn't happen today because I had an appointment this morning.

I'm going to try to finish up that CivPro reading because that would put me a full 2 weeks ahead. Again, my dorkness comes shining through. I can't help that either. It makes sense to either be 1 full week or 2 full weeks ahead at all times. The 1.5 weeks ahead is driving me crazy and my competitive spirit won't let me fall more behind (less ahead?) than I am now (at least while the work level is the same--meaning no papers yet).

I think we're going to go see Munich this weekend. It seems like the reviews are good, but I'm prepared for a sobering, rather than entertaining, film. That's ok. We also never finished watching the last 2 episodes of 24, but that will have to wait now because the kids will be at their dad's house this weekend and my daughter wants to watch it too. And UGH, even though we took down the Christmas tree already, none of the other decorations have been put away. I did take them all down and they are neatly stationed in a corner of the living room. We need to get all the boxes out of the attic, put them all away, and then haul all the boxes back upstairs and put them back in the attic. It always seems that taking down the tree is the worst chore, so at least that is done. The other stuff shouldn't take more than a couple hours for all of it.

I wish I could say I had something super exciting and fun I was doing this weekend. (But I don't!) But lucky you, you will get to read about it anyway! :)

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger ~j said...

Your traffic might come a little bit from bored souls clicking the "Next Blog" button... That's how I found you!

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it a week ago through Legal Pad where there was a link from your post. Fellow first-year. It's kind of nice to see that we are all feeling the same.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a fellow first-year at SJCL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home