The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I think I have recovered from Christmas

We had a nice Christmas (had fondue at my parent's house Christmas Eve, Christmas morning at home, later in the day at my parent's with the rest of the family, day after with my sister). I took the kids up to SF on the 27th. My daughter was testing at Johnson O'Connor. She had tests on the 27th in the afternoon, and the morning of the 28th. The final session was yesterday afternoon. While we knew a lot of what the testing told us, some was a surprise. But it was probably most helpful to hear that she has the aptitude for either a research scientist or a professor in Math or Science, which are the professions she is currently considering. She actually scored so high in many areas that is it more which one of them is she actually interested in. I think the testing was helpful in confirming some things, and even showing her some things she didn't know about herself. Perhaps those things are areas she is not so interested in now, but at least she will know she has those other aptitudes should she someday want to do something totally different.


What did I do in SF for 2 days while she was testing? Andrew and I went shopping. I was good and only bought 2 things....a new Sudoku book, and a pair of Louis Vuitton sandals (aren't they so cute!) that match my denim LV purse. : ) Andrew used his Christmas money to buy a PSP and a game and some accessories, so that pretty much kept him happy and occupied the rest of the time.

My son had a doctor appointment this afternoon, so we had to get home in time for that. I emailed my Torts professor to see if her grades were posted. I didn't get a response, so called the school and got a message saying the office was closed until Monday, but that the library was open today, tomorrow, and Sunday. So, I drove all the way over there before the doctor appt. to see if anything new was posted. UGH!!! ALL the doors were locked and a sign said the library was closed until Sunday. It WOULD have been nice if they had updated the school's message on their phones so I wouldn't have wasted my time and gas going all the way over there. I guess I'll go on Sunday, even though I will be there Monday, as I am dying to know ANY grades I can.

I'm still kind of tired and out of it from traveling, so I didn't get to any reading today. I hope to do CivPro tomorrow and Contracts either Sat. or Sun so that I can be 2 full weeks ahead. But, we bought the second season of 24 (bought and watched the first season earlier this year), and we are planning on watching the entire season this New Year's weekend. So, I MAY not get to the reading. ;) I didn't start watching 24 until somewhere in the second season, so I'm looking forward to seeing these last episodes that I've never seen before. BTW, I did see that 24 is premiering with a 4 hour season opener......2 hours on Jan. 15 and 2 more on the 16!~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home