The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Torts is done! And I kicked ass!!!!!!!!

Well, I probably shouldn't say that...for a number of reasons. But anyway, the test was 2 hours and 20 minutes and I finished a half hour early! I reread everything twice and still had 10 minutes to go. Hmmm....so either I did really well, or I totally missed something. I feel like I got at least an 80. I won't get it back for about a month, so I guess I can live with my little delusion for awhile. :)

Now, on to more sobering subjects....CivPro and Contracts. CivPro is just the most confusing jumble of a subject I have ever come across. Yesterday, I read all the old test and answers that are online. I would read the question and think WTF??? and literally have NO idea of what the answer was supposed to be. And this was for EVERY SINGLE question! UGH!!! Then I'd read the answer, and it was like, "well, that answer isn't that long and isn't that hard", but still, I have no idea about any of this. There is NO pattern, like IRAC, to use....it's kinda just like BLAH, there some stuff, and BLAH, here's some more stuff, and BLAH and now I'm done. And the professor is looking for VERY specific things in very specific places. It's not like you can just BS him. It will NOT work.

CivPro is on Thursday. I'm tired now after that test, so I have all day tomorrow, Wed, and Thursday to figure this class out. Hope I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home