The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I admit it, I'm distracted

How would you feel if you had 2 days of law classes (Torts and CivPro) before leaving for Hawaii for 5 days? Not very motivated, right? Good, then I'm not alone.

With the help of my study group, I did get study outlines for all my classes put together this past weekend. I'm going to bring those, and old exams to practice on, with me to Hawaii. But this morning, I started packing all the other stuff too.....swimsuits, sunscreen, sandals....ah, I'm really looking forward to this. I just wish we were leaving today!

The whole reason for the trip is to celebrate our 10th anniversary, which was this past Saturday (Nov. 19). Kind fun to reach the first "big" milestone. Maybe it's stupid, but it feels like you have more authority or something when you're married longer, and 10 years is definitely "longer". When I hear about people, married only a couple years, giving advice, or talking about stuff they've been through, I just wanna say, "Just you wait....", but of course I never do. But NOW, I am officially entitled to say it, if I want. LOL!

I probably won't post until we're back. Here's a pic of us from last time we went to Maui, and where I'll be 2 days from now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home