The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Momentum

It's been basically 3 weeks now that I've felt confident in my law school journey and without doubts. The first 2 months were horrible, but it seems like I've passed that stage now. I know the workload is heavy, but doable, and I know that I'm handling it. The longer my doubts stay at bay, the more I think they are gone for good.

It's almost like the longer I feel good about it, the easier it is to overcome any shadows of doubt. And, as time goes by, I feel more excited about things coming up. I am really excited about being about to do the small claims court advisory thing, and doing another clinical at the courthouse. Even the midterms I'm excited about......I guess because it is another way to get feedback. Even though I don't expect fantastic scores, I look forward to seeing where I stand, so I can adjust what I'm doing.

I was thinking about it today too in regards to what my life now is.....when the kids leave for school in the morning, I spend the morning reading and studying. In the afternoon, I attend class. I go home and have dinner, and then spend most evenings doing more studying. Weekends, I spend studying more. Basically, law school is my life right now. But I'm realizing that I actually LIKE it. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home