The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, October 28, 2005

2 Weeks without a doubt

I'm starting to feel a little too normal. I've gone 2 whole weeks without any emotional downs about school. It's kind of scary, because I can't help but wonder when the floor will vanish beneath me. (That, of course, I assume will happen soon enough---MIDTERMS!) For but now, I'm happy and just enjoying, yes enjoying, school. I actually love learning, and forcing myself to stretch this way. I haven't done it in so long, and it feels good in many ways.

I had to go to school today to pick up a graded paper. Normally, Fridays are not class days, so it was pretty much empty. When I pulled into the parking lot, one of my instructors was out there smoking. He said, "You don't look stressed." (Which I guess must go against the norm for first years.) I said, "I'm not. I'm enjoying this." And it's true. Sure, I have plenty of work to do, but I realize that I DO enjoy it....both the learning and the future I know this will take me to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home