The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Good Sign

For the first 2 months of law school, every week was an up and down experience. One day I was sure I belonged here, the next I doubted everything. My most difficult class is on Tuesday (CivPro), so it seemed that Tuesday evenings were usually the low point of my week.

Here it is Wednesday morning and I have no doubts at all. Sure, I didn't comprehend everything that was discussed in class yesterday, but I think I did finally realize that in that class, it is more about the repetition of hearing it over and over that finally makes it sink in and make sense. I didn't freak out when I didn't totally grasp everything yesterday, because I know in time, I will. That's just how that class is working for me.

In addition, my study group is going to focus on that class for our session this week. To prepare, I'm going to go through things myself beforehand. Doing that, and then going through it with the group will help reinforce everything in my mind, and give me a clearer framework in the process.

And, having absolutely nothing to do with any of the above, here is my cat, Tiber, in our sink:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home