The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Midterms are looming

It is now November and the first of my midterms is this month. The other 3 are the beginning of December. It seems weird to think I'm approaching the end of my first semester in law school. It has gone by so incredibly fast.

I'm not really worried about this month's test. It is in my Legal Analysis class. Even the professor said it isn't something you can study for. You either know how to do it or you don't. Since I've gotten good grades on my papers for this class, I'm sure I'll do fine on the test. I am going to start working on past tests though, just to give myself some preparation.

Now, the other 3 classes are something else. Torts will probably be the easiest of the 3, though not easy by any means. We have had one quiz and have another in 2 weeks, and that helps us know more of what to expect on the midterm, which is very helpful. CivPro is going to be completely scary, but at least with the help of my study group, I think I have a process with which to approach the test questions. Contracts is a complete mystery. It is the only class that we haven't had any sort of quiz or turned in work. The subject doesn't seem as hard as CivPro, but not having a "sample" of what the professor expects makes it harder to know what to think. There are old exams online, so those will be helpful.

I know the next month is going to be crazy, trying to synthesize all the learning that has happened the last few months into a form that is usable and makes sense, but I can't help but be excited because it's a milestone of sorts, and it means I've made it that far. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home