The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

MY Verse

I just realized that I never posted this. I came across this verse this summer and thought it was perfect as a kind of goal and motivation verse for me.

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked." Psalm 82:3-4

It fits with what I want to do with a career in law...that is, use it to help those who really need it. I think it describes either working as a prosecutor or in the area of family law quite well, and those are both areas that interest me.

I know most people think lawyers are money hungry, greedy, etc., but that does not describe me. I'm blessed to have a husband who has provided me with a wonderful life and more than I could possibly ever deserve. So I don't pursue this career to gain anything material. It's beyond and above that for me. It's about wanting to help and wanting to make a difference in someone's life. That is what motivates me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home