The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Just when I felt like I was getting a handle on things....

I went to the Student Bar Association's session this Saturday on how to prepare for our exams. It made me feel like I've been totally doing everything wrong so far. I SHOULD be memorizing the law and rules, and practicing my "exammanship". I know I haven't really been "wrong", as much as it is that I need to shift how I spend my time now. It's just kind of scary because my midterms are Dec. 5, 8 and 12, so basically, I have one month to digest everything I've learned so far this semester AND memorize it all AND figure out how to organize that in an exam question.

It's overwhelming, in a way, because I almost don't know where to start. I had felt like I had a little "system" down, of how and when I prepared. Now it all needs to change. So much for feeling comfortable and confident........

The good news is I bought a couple of books that my CivPro professor has mentioned (but doesn't require) and even though I haven't read too far yet, they are making that subject a lot more understandable. Hopefully that will also show some results come test time.

I guess I should get going....here it is a Monday morning, with the entire week before me. Off to the study of law......
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home