The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

CivPro is done!

Had my CivPro midterm tonight. While I'm sure I got an 80 or higher on my Torts, I will only say that I think I got at least a 50 on CivPro. The test was easier than the practice exams I've worked on, but I was fading (or freaking out, haven't decided which) by the end. On the last question, which was a statute of limitations (ERIE) question, I majored screwed up by not listing the twin aims of Erie, which I knew (to avoid forum shopping and inequitable administration of the laws), and while I mentioned Rule 15 and the plaintiff being able to amend her complaint to include issues that were associated with the same occurrence or transaction ("same nucleus of facts") as the original claim, I did not use the phrase "relation back" or say Rule 15c. Ugh. I hope that didn't count for toooo many points.

There were 2 fact patterns, and each had 3 questions. Out of the total of 6 questions, 2 were PJ, 2 SMJ, one venue, one SOL (Erie). Really, it was a pretty easy test. I think I did ok on the rest of it. If I said enough "magic words" or not, I don't know. I did find out that both Torts and CivPro should be graded prior to January 2, so that's good.

All that's left now is Contracts, which is Monday night My study group is meeting tomorrow and Sunday, for 3 hours each, to go through old exams. And my professor is having a review session on Saturday. Guess you could say I'm not going to have much of a weekend....or at least, I'll have a very contract-consuming weekend. At least the end is in sight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home