The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

It feels weird not to be studying!

My last midterm was Monday night, and I have not done any law school related thing since then. It feels strange, like I SHOULD be reading, briefing, studying. I'm giving myself this week off. Of course, it's not really "off". I spent 5 hours on Tuesday finishing up my Christmas shopping, and all day today doing all the wrapping, and helping my daughter make spiced nuts and peppermint bark for her friends and teachers. So, although no school stuff, I'm still tired and hardly feel like I've had any break yet.

Tomorrow I'm going over to school to pick up my reading assignments for next semester. Other than that, I just have to run a few, small errands, and then I promised to let myself relax the rest of the day. Next week I'm going to do all my first week of January assignments (maybe more), so I don't have to do them the week after Christmas.

In other news, my daughter found out today that she was deferred in MIT's Early Action. I know she was disappointed, but I told her that since she was not flat out rejected, she knows she is up to their standards. It's just a matter of too many qualified people and not enough openings. I'm proud of her because just being deferred proved (to me anyway) that she is high enough caliber to make it there. So, I guess we get to wait about 4 more months to find out where she will be next year. I'm so excited for her, because I know she will do well wherever she goes. And I guess I wish my situation had been different when I was her age (had the opportunity and motivation to go away to school). It's a good thing we have our kids to live through. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home