The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Contracts is done, and I have officially completed my first semester of law school!

Not only have I finished my first semester, but I finished it well. I felt so calm and relaxed going into the Contracts test (taking a nice 3 hour nap earlier in the day probably helped....don't laugh....I had to because I woke up at 4:15am and would have never made it to the end of the test at 9:42pm if I hadn't) and I feel like I did really well on it. I really wasn't nervous at all. It was a long test (went the full 3 hours), but I methodically went through each of the two questions, addressing issue after issue. I felt totally prepared and ready for it. It was nice, because I feel like I really understand the concepts, so it isn't like CivPro, which to me seems to be this ethereal mist kind of hanging in the air, not really capable of being grasped. I not only understand everything we've learned in Contracts, I memorized all the law (70 individual statements~!) and was able to recall it all easily.

Now is the hard part.....I get to wait a month or so to find out my scores. I'm excited because I think I did well and I want to know NOW! : ) My final prediction for the lowest I could have gotten on my midterms (meaning I don't think I could have gotten lower than this score, though I could have done much better) is: 80 in Torts, 50 in CivPro and 70 in Contracts. It will be interesting to see how my actual grades compare. I promise to post.

So, now I have 3 "free" weeks. Of course, I need to finish my Christmas shopping (which I plan to do starting in about 4 hours), wrap everything, and then do my assignments for the week starting Jan. 2. I like to work a week ahead, so I want to get everything read and briefed before Christmas, as I'm taking the kids to SF the week after, and I am not sure that I will get any time that week to work on it.

I feel SOOOOO happy to be done, and it's not because of the fact that the tests are done. It is more like that I have accomplished something measurable.....I am a legitimate law student who has finished her first semester of law school......and enjoyed it and done well in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home