The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Just saw King Kong

I had my son for a date, and went and saw King Kong tonight. Overall, I liked it. I agreed with the reviews that said it was probably an hour longer than it needed to be. (I could have done without the bug scene, for one.) It seemed like it took a long time just to get to the island, an even longer time to get off the island, and then suddenly they were instantly back in NY City for the last couple minutes (ok, it was a little longer than that, but not much). And it was SCARY. I was hoping all the little kids there tonight don't have nightmares. (Heck, I hope I don't!) It wasn't really King Kong himself that was scary.....it was the freaky, zombie-like island natives, the dinosaurs of multiple varieties, the big bugs, the vampirish bats, and the continuing threat of falling, dangling and perilous heights.

I thought Naomi Watts made a perfect heroine. I liked Jack Black as the greedy filmmaker, and I have to admit, I think I have a little crush on Adrien Brody. I guess I like his tall, lanky and unusual looks. Maybe it's just the roles he plays, but he seems to have a kindness and sensitivity to him that I also find endearing.

Now I need to watch something calm for a while so I can fall asleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home