The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ya win some, ya lose some......

So I got my Legal Analysis grade today. I KNEW I didn't do that well on the second half, as it was a complicated analysis problem and even though I had 90 minutes to answer it, I didn't start that until 8pm. I just am NOT clear thinking and quick after that time. I didn't actually see my exam (hope to do that tomorrow), only my score. At least I passed the midterm, but it brought my grade for the first semester down to an 81. :( In the grand scheme of things I know I should be happy with that, but I'm disappointed in myself because I think I should have done much better. The good thing is there is no exam in this class for the second semester (Legal Research). We "just" have 5 papers to do. I did much better on those (which tells me I know what I'm doing, but I just don't do well: 1. With little time, 2. Under pressure, 3. At night....all of which I already knew), so I suppose my grade for the second semester will be higher. I can hope anyway.

I had hoped the the CivPro grades would be posted since that class was cancelled yesterday. No such luck. I have no idea why the class was cancelled. I did hear the professor called the school with only about an hour to go before class, so that sounds kinda scary like some sort of emergency. I hope his daughter is ok. (She had a health issue earlier in the semester.) His not being there made me think it might be related to her. I hope not. But thinking that made me a little more understanding about not getting that grade yet.

Tomorrow is Contracts and I have no idea if we're getting our exams back or not. I'm thinking no. Maybe it's for the best. I seriously doubt that I have any chance of getting an 80 or higher on Contracts (or CivPro), so maybe it is better to not know yet! I really, REALLY want at least a 70 in each, but I'm just not sure. I thought I got at least that on Contracts, but now I'm starting to doubt myself. Maybe I didn't do as well as I thought. I'm more nervous about CivPro. I'm afraid 70 is too high to hope for in there. I don't know. Maybe I'm just panicking because I didn't get surprised by anything 90 or above.

Regardless of the grades, it is nice to be back in the whole "routine" again. I guess I like having my days more structured. (And I LOVE having time at home with no one else here. I guess I'm part hermit. lol)

Okay, enough of this. I need to outline Torts class from Monday. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home