The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Contracts Grades Are Out; Final Ranking Calculated

Had a pleasant surprise today and not only were the Contract grades posted, but the actual exams were passed out. I'm very happy. I bettered my prediction (70) and my dream of a few night's ago(78) and got an 81, which in the afternoon section was the second highest grade in the class. Overall, there I have the 5th highest Contracts grade.

In the class, 36 grades were in the 50s or below (If a grade is less than 50, the professor will post a 50.) ---over half the class! Only about the top 20% had a 70 or higher.

Our professor made comments on the exams, but as he said, he generally wrote about things that were missing or wrong. He said he really doesn't write many good comments, but I was very pleased to read at the end of mine, "Very nicely written answer. Well-organized with clear issues and legal authority supporting arguments. Nice work." I certainly didn't expect that, but loved it!

So, now for the final ranking for the first year students' first semester. It is hard to tell how many students are regular first years. Some only had grades for one class (which I assume means they are second years, doing a 5 year program). I think there are 70 people with grades for all 4 first year (regular) classes. My ranking is 6th! It's nice to finish both in the top 10 (ranked), and top 10%. And I think it is EXTREMELY cool that of the 4 people in my study group, ALL of us finished in the top 10! Wow, I'm so proud of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home