The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The ventilation system at school SUCKS!

I don't understand how it can function so poorly ALL the time. The room our Torts class meets in is either hot or cold. The entire class time, the professor has to continually tell the person sitting next to the thermastat to either turn it on, or turn it off. You can to wear layers in there, so you can pull them off or on depending on the temperature of the minute.

Even worse than that room is the room CivPro meets in. It was so stuffy and warm in there when class started today, I could hardly stay awake. I was having visions of those coal mine trapped workers, and started to fear I was going to lapse into a carbon monoxide induced stupor. I'm not kidding! It was SO bad that I could hardly keep my eyes open.

At break, I was able to get into the hallway and actually breathe. We did turn the air on when we got back in the room, but it was down to artic temperatures in about 10 minutes, so the professor turned it off. At least I could stay awake. I felt so bad because I sit in the front, and I was hoping he didn't think I was falling asleep because of him!

At least the room Contracts meets in is decent. It's a lot bigger room, so that probably makes the difference. I wish more classes I had were in that room.

It really bugs me when you can't focus because of something like the temperature. Maybe they should spend some of the million that got donated recently to improve the ventilation/heating/cooling system!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home