The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Things that matter

What is it about having kids that can bring you to tears at the drop of a hat? I adore both of my children. I have devoted the last 18 years of my life to them, taking care of them, being here for them, volunteering at their schools and helping with their projects.....just being a mom!

Last fall, when my daughter was writing her admission essays for college, she had to pick a couple people she admired to write about. I was very touched and flattered when she picked me as one of the people she admires.

This morning I checked her new blog, which she doesn't even know that I know exists. She listed various info about herself, but included her heroes. Her first one is Lisa Randall (which if you know my daughter, makes perfect sense!). And then she listed ME!

If I have raised my children so that by the time they are ready to graduate and leave home, they are happy, healthy and ready to make their way in the world, and they not only like spending time with me, but they actually look up to me, then nothing else really matters. Gosh, I LOVE my kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home