The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Home from Vegas and Back to Real Life

We had a fun weekend in Vegas. We didn't even gamble a quarter, but we enjoyed our time away. There is just always so much going on there. We spent Saturday shopping and checking out the Wynn hotel, which is new since I last visited. I got to pick out whatever I wanted for my Valentine's gift (my request), so I had to visit all my favorite stores before making my decision. I didn't see anything I was excited about in Louis Vuitton. I did find out they are coming out with pink denim stuff in a couple months, so I can wait for those. I tried on a ring in Tiffany, but while I liked the stone, the setting was too "hefty" for me....way too modern looking. I almost bought a purse in Chanel. It was so cute....the perfect little black, quilted bag with chain strap. I adored it, but I didn't think it would use it as much as a more casual purse. I tried on a few furs on the fur salon in Caesar's shops, but I have 5 or 6 already, and though the salesman really was working it, I can't see buying another when I rarely wear what I already have. The first store we had stopped in was Emilio Pucci, and I had seen several darling purses in there, so after exhausting all my other possibilities, we headed back there and I got a cute purse and matching wallet (well, credit card holder) in the new spring colors (lilac, aqua, white and black).

We had dinner reservations for Okada, which is the Japanese restaurant at the Wynn. We sat at one of the teppanyaki tables, which looked out on two waterfalls. Unlike the local teppanyaki places in town here, this one was very spacious and uncrowded. The tables seat only 6, so you have plenty of space. The table is made of granite, and adds to the ambiance. It is really a lovely place. We have had teppanyaki many times, and the menu is usually pretty "standard". We were delighted to find this more updated. Yeah, we still got the miso soup, but everything else was different. The vegetables weren't the disgusting bean sprouts, but included sweet potatoes (SOOO good!), tomatoes, and asparagus. I had the shrimp and hubby had the lobster. Both were delicious! I would definitely go there again. It is not the type of teppanyaki that is for entertainment (the chef wasn't doing any tricky moves), but purely for the taste and the atmosphere. Expensive, but worth it!

Later in the evening, we had tickets for the Brad Garrett show. He is so funny....horribly politically incorrect, but funny! You do NOT want to sit in the front rows, leave during the show, come late, make any comments or ask him any questions unless you enjoy being humiliated in front of a couple thousand people. Seriously! He came out with some prepared stuff, but he came up with most of his stuff reacting from and with the audience. All I can say is the poor lady from Alabama with her (hermit) crabs! LOL!

Vegas wouldn't be Vegas without seeing someone famous. We saw Pete Rose (twice), and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Pete was signing autographs at a sports store in the Caesar shops, and Jennifer was walking through Bellagio, right in front of the Fred Leighton store (a MUST see for anyone that loves diamonds). She was just hanging out with a girlfriend, looking normal and very un-diva-like. She is such a tiny thing!

So, now I'm home and back to the real world. I'm working on a products liability essay for torts right now. Ugh. Not quite as much fun as Vegas. Oh well.....back to my life....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home