The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Marriage Phobic??

Oh my gosh! I forgot to tell this funny little tidbit. Yesterday in Contracts, we were covering the Statute of Frauds. At the beginning, the professor went down the list mentioning the different kinds of contracts that are included. One of them happens to be the promise on consideration of marriage. Even as he just read it off, it seemed like his voice flinched as he said the word "marriage". Later, when he got to that section, he just said something like, "Make sure you know everything I said about the promise on consideration of marriage." Again, his voice sounded so weird when he said THAT word. It was almost like he hated to say it! Or maybe he is just afraid of it! LOL Anyway, he then went on to the next section, and didn't say another word about it. I had to chuckle to myself. Maybe I read too much into it, but I thought it was interesting.

I did 2 practice questions for Torts today. They were ones that didn't have answers posted, so I have no idea how I did on them, but it was a good exercise regardless. I think there are about 10 more questions I have that I am going to try to do this weekend (and Monday). Three a day, that seems doable. Tomorrow, I will pick up my next writing assignment, but I'm debating whether or not I want to start the research. I think I'm leaning until waiting until Tues. am after the midterm. Hmmm.....though I might be able to do some at home now with Lexis. I'll have to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home