The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Damn! There Are a Lot of Fat People!

I just got home from Sam's Club, where I did a little shopping after the MCLE class I attended this morning (more on that in a minute). I don't pretend to understand why so many fat people shop there, or its sister store WalMart, but damn! I swear, that place was filled with fat people who looked at me like I was a freak for being there with them. Believe me, I felt like one!

I don't get 2 things about fat people- first, why do they wear tight clothes that show everyone exactly how fat they are? You think everyone else wants to see how many rolls you have under that shirt? No. You don't want to look at them yourself, so why are you forcing other people to see them? Secondly, why do fat people not realize how much space they take up? Or maybe they do and their way of getting back at those of us who don't take up quite so much space is to place themselves and their carts perfectly in the middle of store aisles? Perhaps that is their way to force us to look at all those rolls? Ewww and ugh.

Anyway, I attended one of the MCLE classes this morning even though I don't get any credit for it. My strategy of arriving 20 minutes early paid off, because everyone else who was attending began at 8, but my class didn't start until 9, so I got to sit and talk to the judge alone for 15 minutes before the session started. :) Very nice! He had some good advice, and I think talking with him was actually more beneficial than the class itself.

Labels: ,