The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm at Home While He's at School?

My baby started college this week. He has a pretty scattered schedule, with 8am classes every day, 2 evening classes, and another in between. It's so weird to have him rushing around to leave in the morning (ok, I admit it is more like me pushing him out the door) and gone in the evenings for classes, while I am sitting at home. Guess I know what he felt like for the last couple years.

I'm still getting used to having nothing to do. I don't really like it. I'm trying to get myself in some sort of routine every day, but other then working out, there is not much I really need to do every day. If I don't get a temporary job soon, I will probably pursue some kind of volunteer work. It just makes no sense to me to sit around and do nothing when I could be helping someone do something!

I do have a little trip this weekend though. Since I took my daughter to Disneyland for her 18th birthday a couple years ago, I told my son I would take him somewhere for his, though it would have to wait until August since his was the week before the bar exam. He wants to go to the Queen Mary, so we are going there this weekend. He has never been there, and it has been a few years since I went there as part of a Corvette cruise. (I toured the submarine then, but didn't actually tour the ship.) Here's a picture from that day:

At least this will give me something to do this weekend. My parents have a vacation house over in Cambria and since I have not been over there for a while due to law school and studying, they suggested that I may want to go over and use it. Sounds kind of cool to me. Wouldn't mind hanging out and walking on the beach there for a few days.

I suppose I should go. I think I hear Costco calling my name....

Labels: