The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, August 15, 2008

14 More Weeks

I guess since I already have a mental countdown going on, I might as well make it official and post it on here. Fourteen weeks from today the results of the bar exam will be available online. Gee, is that all??? Surely the time will just fly by, what with no job, no school, and so many interesting things to fill my days. (Um, like counting how many times a day my cat meows at me because she wants fresh food in her bowl. Yes, I have quite the exciting life these days!)

It is just so weird to have nothing, I mean nothing in my life or on my calendar. It's just such a weird adjustment from law school and bar review. Hmmm, well, my son starts city college on Monday. I guess I can read his books and stuff if I go into serious withdrawal.

(Can I admit how I embarrassed him yesterday? Neither of us had ever been to the campus before, so I took him down there, walked around, found where all his classrooms where, bought his books and parking permit with him. I would rather him do that ahead of time, than on Monday, along with thousands of other people, and end up missing classes and getting cut. My official excuse is that he is "directionally-challenged", but I can admit that I'm a mom who does more than she should or has to.)

Well, since I don't have a job or classes to worry about, I can at least get myself in better shape. I spend 55 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and should go get in today's workout now. Got to make this time count for something, right?

Labels: ,