The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Last Week

The countdown is on. One week from today I will be up in the bay area, waiting to take the first of 3 days of exams for the California bar, which starts the following day. Bar review classes are over, so I'm just going through all the subjects on my own. I don't necessarily feel ready, but when I'm outlining essay answers for subjects I don't think I know (ahem, Civ Pro), and I get every single issue that is in the sample answer, I start to think maybe I'm going to do ok.

If I had to pick the essay topics (there will be a total of 6 essay questions given), I'd choose Community Property, Wills & Trusts, Evidence for sure. Maybe Torts, Property and Crim too. I'd rather not see Bus. Org., Con. Law or Civ. Pro., but I could probably do ok. Professional Responsibility is going to show up somewhere, which sucks, because duties come out of the woodwork in those questions and I never seem to see them all. Remedies will probably be included as part of a cross over question, possibly with Contracts.

Today I did 50 mixed MBE questions, then reviewed Corporations and outlined 2 essays, then reviewed Civ. Pro. and outlined 2 essays. Time for a dinner break and then probably some more MBEs. Fun, huh?

Labels: