The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Better Late Than Never

Last summer I did an internship at the DA's office. I spent my entire time there working on a gang injunction. I drafted all the documents needed for the entire process for the Dog Pound gang, and drafted another set of generic documents, for any injunctions they wanted to do in the future.

Shortly before I left, they halted the Dog Pound injunction. It was not explained to me why. I was disappointed that I never heard about it being filed, but there is nothing a lowly law clerk can do about such things since this is the kind of issue that is driven by policy. At that time, several gang injunctions were coming under fire in other areas of the state, so I wondered if that was the reason for the stop.

This morning, however, I was very pleased to read that this injunction has been filed. The permanent one was signed by the judge yesterday. Of course, I have no way of knowing if they actually used the documents I drafted for it, but it is still pretty cool. : )

Labels: