The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby No More

My baby graduated from high school yesterday. I suppose he hasn't really needed me for a while, but I don't appreciate the reminder that I'm a little less necessary in his life now. I'm proud of him, and am anxious to see what things he will do in his life, but I can't help but look back and miss things. There's nothing like having your baby wake up and smile when he sees your face, or having him squeal with excitement when he discovers something new, or listening to him laugh for the first time.

I know there are other things in the future, I suppose equally exciting things, that I will be able to share. But it just isn't the same. It's hard to look forward without glancing back over your shoulder sometimes.

Labels: