The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Really Over

Graduation is this afternoon, which means my law school experience is officially over. (All my faithful readers needn't fret- I will continue this blog at least until I take the bar exam in July!) Because I'm already in the next phase (bar prep), the ceremony today doesn't seem like it means a whole lot. I mean, if I don't pass the bar, who will really care if I have a JD?

But I've been told by several people that I should take the time today to recognize that this IS a big accomplishment. I suppose that is true. Four years ago I had no idea I would do this, and three years ago I was naively and excitedly awaiting my first law school class. Here I sit today, graduating in the top 15% of my class after having been a stay at home mom for almost 20 years. I guess that is pretty cool. When I reflect on the extremely stressful and difficult personal situations that I've had to deal with while still maintaining my standing in school, I'm surprised that I made it.

So here it is. Let's celebrate! Congratulations to all my fellow graduates!

Labels: