The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Sooooo Very Cool!

I haven't bragged about my daughter on here for a while. I'm sure most readers know she is at MIT, studying Math and Computer Science. I mentioned previously that she had applied for an internship with the NSA, where she would be doing all sorts of secret stuff. : ) This internship is SO amazing! It pays for the last two years of school (which for MIT is $50k a year) and a hefty salary during those 2 years.

My daughter is so incredibly amazing and brilliant, and even though I'm her mother, I say that honestly and not with bias. (Well, ok, maybe just a little.) But I knew the odds were against her just because of the sheer number of applicants and positions available. I also have been trying to figure out exactly how I would pay for her last 2 years, considering my circumstances are not going to be the same now. I didn't want to hope for something if it wasn't a sure thing, and then be disappointed.

But, she just called. THEY OFFERED HER THE INTERNSHIP! I'm so excited for her, and relieved for me! Both of our futures just got brighter.

Labels: