The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Clock Fairy

Last night, I fell asleep on the couch and apparently moved to the bed sometime. This morning I woke up around 4:30am. As I often do when I wake up early, I stayed in bed, somehow hoping I would fall back asleep. After about an hour and realizing that was not going to happen, I got up and checked my email. When I glanced down at the clock on the bottom of my screen, I noticed it said 6:30! I then remembered Daylight Savings started this morning- I think this is the first time I've ever forgotten to change all the clocks before going to bed. I then went around the house, moving all of them forward an hour.

I spent the day yesterday studying for my Remedies midterm which is on Tuesday afternoon. I'll be doing the same thing today and tomorrow too. It's weird to think that this is my last midterm. After this exam, there will be just 4 finals left to take in my law school experience. Two months from today they will all be over. Makes me nervous to think about. So much to do! I'm going to have to use my spring break to do some serious preparation.

Nothing too exciting going on at work. I still love it, but nothing new or different there lately. The only trial in my future now appears to be the jury trial starting April 1. (There's something else I will need to work on over spring break!) All the other cases I had on my calendar have either signed plea agreements or indicated that they will.

Remedies is calling me, so I suppose I should get back to the studying. You know how exciting specific performance, injunctions, restitution and punitive damages can be......

Labels: , ,