The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

So Annoying!

I hate getting recorded phone calls. I detest them so much that I refuse to listen to them. My son's high school has started doing this and every Sunday evening at approximately 5:15pm I got a recorded call. As soon as I hear, "Hello from Bullard High," I hang up. UGH! If what you have to tell me is not important enough to have a live person telling me, or worth printing on paper and sending me, or even worth typing out in an email, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!

The candidates must be spending lots of money on these recorded calls. I got one from McCain on Friday, another from him on Saturday, one from both McCain and Romney on Sunday, and FOUR calls between the two of them yesterday. I just now received another one from McCain. UGH!

I don't know of anyone who actually listens to these things. It does not seem like a very effective way to reach voters to me, unless you are trying to annoy them. Seriously McCain, stop freaking calling me! You are going to make me wish I had voted for someone else!

Labels: