The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Sunday

My parents have had a Super Bowl party for about 20 years now. I always enjoy it, not because I care about football, but because it is a family event that is just fun and easy. No fancy food, no gifts, no dressing up- just hanging out together, snacking, enjoying the game, commercials and each other. It's a nice break from the stress of school, which along with work, has been keeping me very busy. Doesn't seem like there is much new- just always tons to do. I think there are about 6 trials currently scheduled for my department for the next couple of months, but I believe most of them will reach an agreement before trial. I could be doing a couple of them though. We'll see. Love the experience, but don't like to get too excited about the possibility, because I don't like being disappointed when they settle or get continued.

Labels: , ,