The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Sigh, Continuances....

The jury trial I was going to have beginning on Feb. 26 is now being moved to early April. It's probably better this way, but I'm still kind of disappointed. The bench trial for this Thursday is still on however. Of the 2 others on my list, one defendant signed a plea agreement, and the other one probably will.

Monday is a holiday and since Mondays are the only full day I work, I'm going to have to do a bit of work either in the office and/or at home this weekend to make up for it. There's not much choice if I want to be fully prepared for court on Thursday, which of course, I always am.

I have some reading I still need to do for next week's classes and I should be working on my outlines too. I much rather spend a day or two of the weekend sitting around reading "The Appeal", but doubt that will happen. Oh well. Maybe I can at least get in a few hours.

Labels: