The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Barrister's Ball

Last night was the school's annual Barrister's Ball- the end of the year party where all the scholarships are announced. If you are going to get one, you get a name tag. You just don't know which one until they are announced later.

Four people at my table had name tags. I was honored to receive the "Woman Lawyer" scholarship, which is for a female student who "works a minimum of 15 hours per week and shows promise as a lawyer". Yeah, so that was very nice.

It was a fun night. I got to wear a "Barbie" dress- pink, sparkly, low cut and girlie :) and hang out with my favorite people. Winning $1000 doesn't hurt either.

Anyway, unfortunately I must now confront the end of the semester. I have one more reading assignment to do and outlines to create. Ugh. All I feel like doing is getting a pizza and watching a movie!



Labels: