The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Changes

This is hard. I struggle because part of me feels like this is no one's business. But the other part of me knows that people make it their business when they talk and assume things. I don't wish to be the subject of gossip, so I suppose I'd rather put it out there myself.

I didn't spend the last week having a spring break. Instead, in order to protect myself and my son from a threat that I considered very serious, I filed for divorce and moved out. There. I said it.

If you feel that you need more information about my situation, please come and talk to me privately. I would rather that than have people talk about this behind my back.

All I ask is that you show a little compassion to someone who is feeling hurt and emotional. It's hard enough to prepare for finals and study for the bar, but to do so in the midst of all of this feels nearly unbearable right now.

Labels: