The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mother-Daughter Fed Team

I haven't talked about my daughter on here for awhile. For those of you that don't know, she is absolutely brilliant and in her second year at MIT in Cambridge, MA, majoring in Math and Computer Science. I hate having her so far away, but I'm so incredibly proud of her and I know she needed to be exactly where she now is.

Anyway, she applied for an internship at the National Security Agency (NSA) and they sent her a huge packet to complete after making it through the first hurdle. She apparently passed that check as well, because they are flying her to Maryland next week for interviews.

This is so cool! And I'm hoping she gets this. It would be an incredible opportunity for her, and basically start her in her career now. What would she do there? Oh just cryptology and other interesting secret stuff! If she got this, she would be in the Department of Defense, and I'm in the Department of Justice- pretty cool.

Labels: