The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Think I Blew A Test I Didn't Have to Study For!

The performance exam last night in Legal Process wasn't something that could be studied for because it wasn't testing my knowledge in any particular area of law, but seeing how I respond when given instructions and a set of law and facts. In addition, I have been more than a little distracted by everything that is going on, so it is doubtful I would have studied for it much had I needed to.

On the sample tests we had done at home before, I always read the facts of the case first, but after the professor told us it is better to read the law first, I did that last night. The problem was that there was so much law (and as I found out later, very little facts), so I was overwhelmed from the start trying to organize the law and figure out what was needed, which was hard because I didn't know the facts of the case when I read the law library.

So, I was thrown and feeling very scattered. UGH. I know I didn't do well. The only positive thing I can say about it is that this was NOT the actual bar exam and I can learn from this experience so that I do better in July.

I just looked at my calendar and it just seems so weird that there are only 4 weeks of classes left after this week. Of course, I know I will then be studying for finals, and then the bar, but it is hard to imagine what life will be like "on the other side". How will I possibly find things to do when I'm not reading and studying every evening and weekend? The thought of having a life again seems quite foreign.

Labels: