The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It Is Almost Over

Three more classes and four finals and I'm done with law school. I still don't believe it. They bury you with so much reading and work that eventually that becomes "normal" to the point you feel like your whole life will be that way. The prospect that it may not be doesn't even compute.

Most students I know have taken off these 3 weeks to study. I'm only taking off a week and a half and now I wish I had taken off more time, as I feel woefully unprepared. But, I didn't want to miss more than one court day and I feel a sense of responsibility to my work to make sure as much as possible is done before I leave to study for the bar exam. I know I should be more concerned about my grades than a job I don't get paid for, but I'm not.

It's been more than a month since I moved out and filed for divorce. I'm surprised that this has been so easy and unstressed a time. I am happier now than I have been for years. I could never have anticipated things going this way, after the situation that lead up to this point. But I'm thrilled that it is, as it is so much easier to focus on studying and getting things done when I'm not distracted by domestic disputes and conflict.

I guess I should get back to studying. I have so much to do!

Labels: ,