The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

"With Distinction"

The 3rd of my 4 grades was posted today and it guarantees I will be graduating "with distinction". (For those not familiar with my school, that designation signifies that your cumulative GPA is at least 78. I think that equates to a B on our school's scale.) I have no idea why they use that phrase, "with honors", and "with high honors" instead of the more traditional "cum laude", "magna cum laude" and "summa cum laude". All I know is that I graduated from high school and college magna cum laude, so I feel like I've slipped a level by only graduating with distinction.

I started studying for the bar using MicroMash today. Nothing like scoring under 50% on 4 tests to make me feel like I know less than I thought I did. I have a long way to go and much work to do before July 29. Sigh.

In even more cheery news, the last day of my beloved internship is tomorrow. My court appearance this morning was rather short (less than 90 minutes), but it did give me time to send the ordered discovery out. Tomorrow I'm only there for 4 hours, but I hope to get 5 plea offers out so I will have things as wrapped up as I can.

After tomorrow, my life will be studying for the bar exam full time for the next 10 weeks. What fun.

Labels: , ,