The Gratuitous Promise

The Gratuitous Promise: not worth anything, but I'm making it anyway!.........My thoughts as a stay-at-home mom turned law student, who just passed the California bar exam.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bummer!

Two more days left of my internship. I found out yesterday that they will not be able to have me come back August-November, even though they tried to find a way to do so. And to make matters more depressing, I also found out that until my law school is ABA accredited, I can't get a job as an AUSA (assistant U.S. Attorney). While my school claims they are pursuing that, they have been saying that for the last 20 years. Nothing seems to make their claim any more realistic now than before.

Tomorrow I have my last court appearance. Very sad. I have no idea when (or where) the next one will be. I don't even have a trial tomorrow. :(

I did get another grade posted today. I had anticipated W&T being my lowest score. I got 75. I expected worse, so I guess I'm ok with that. On a bright note, if that is my lowest score (I'm still waiting for Remedies and Legal Process to be posted), then it seems likely that I will graduate with at least some honors. (My GPA should qualify me for the lowest level of honors- technically "with distinction".) That still doesn't make me feel any better though.

Labels: ,